We’re so so sooo excited for you to watch our first ever birds in the kitchen food tutorial below! We had our sweet friend and certified nutritionist, April Norris, swing by Makenzie’s casa to give us the break down on her signature Cacao Bites that are packed with protein and raw natural energy. These bites are perfect for anyone who is on the go and needs a healthy alternative to snacking and/or dessert.
The recipe takes less than 15 minutes to complete! It’s dorm friendly too, for all you college birds!
Background on April :: She is a nutritionist and certified holistic health consultant, pilates instructor, wife and hot mama to two little birds. Bree originally sought April as a health coach to try to end her regular migraines and acne break outs, then she ended up falling in love with everything April taught about nutrition and overall health. April helps people every day achieve their health goals through nutrition. . .we HIGHLY suggest checking her out in her link below the recipe.
Get ready to watch the break down of our new favorite protein cacao bites ::
- 1/2 cup hemp protein powder (vanilla or plain – Living Harvest or Nutiva recommended, you can use the protein in your morning smoothies too)
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon bee pollen (optional – omit if allergic to bee stings. . .check with your doctor if you are allergic to bee stings)
- 3 Tbsp unsweetened dark cacao powder
- 2 Tbsp raw honey, maple syrup, or coconut nectar
- 1/4 cup tahini OR unsweetened sunflower seed butter
- 2 Tbsp organic coconut oil
- *optional – 2 Tbsp unsweetened shredded coconut* you can opt out of coconut shreds and use sliced almonds OR chia seeds for an extra BAM!
All products are available at your local grocery/health food store. You can also order all the ingredients online and have them delivered to you!
xx bree + makenzie