We are so excited to bring you all this delicious chia seed pudding recipe. It’s quick, it’s easy and you only need a few ingredients, but let’s chat about chia seeds first and foremost. What are they? What do they contain? Why should you be eating them? So many questions, and all the answers below.
Chia seeds are a superfood! They’re easy to digest, and they are an easy add in to almost any recipe. These seeds are nutrient dense, and noted to give you that high energy and endurance you have been searching for. This superfood is rich in fiber, omega-3, protein, vitamins and minerals. They are known to keep you “full” for hours at a time. Chia seed pudding is the perfect substitute for your oatmeal that you crave, want, and need every morning. They aren’t as heavy as the known oat, and will sustain you and your muscles longer!
To name a few, here are some benefits of chia seeds . . .
– high in antioxidants
– helps digestive health
– benefits heart health
– boosts your energy and metabolism
– stronger bones
– builds muscleWHAT YOU’LL NEED //
– 6 tablespoons of chia seeds
– 1 tablespoon of flax meal (option)
– 2 cups unsweetened almond milk
– 1 teaspoon of alcohol free vanilla extract
– 1 tablespoon of honey
– toppings: raspberries, blueberries, blackberries, granola, almonds, pumpkin seeds, etc.
WHAT TO DO //
1. Mix the chia seeds, flax meal, almond milk, and vanilla extract in a jar or bowl.
2. Warm up the honey, and continue to mix until mixture is thick.
3. Let the mixture set for up to 1-2 hours, or let it sit in your fridge overnight.
4. Add in your toppings, and enjoy!
Keep note that your chia seed pudding can be a breakfast meal, or a snack! Remember to treat your bodies kindly, and always fuel them properly after a good hard workout.
xx bree + makenzie